Thursday, November 25, 2010

Overlooking the obvious

I have been living in Sydney for just about 3 years now and I have noticed there gets to be a point when you see something amazing everyday and it looses its magic. How many people ride the ferry into Circular Quay and do not even notice the Opera House anymore? I know I am one of those people and it has only take a few years. I look back at my home country of Canada and think how much I miss the mountains, the lakes and even the flat prairies but while I lived there I took it for granted and on my last trip home I really understood the beauty of it all.
It really is a shame that for so many people it is not until you move or its gone until you truly appreciate it. I have started to realize I will not be in Sydney for to much longer and I have not taken nearly enough photos to do this creative city justice. I have started to give myself jobs of things I need to complete before I leave this amazing city. Simple jobs like getting out to events to capture the many cultures creating Sydney, photographing the beach life (while soaking up some sun of course), and shooting the original mix of sandstone and modern architecture.

Starting with the Opera House.

These photographs are from the Vivid Sydney Festival. They hold it each year and I think it is great way to see the city in a new light for visitors and locals.
Make sure no matter where you are or where you go, you stop and enjoy your experience. Smile at someone just because you can, look at the tree you walk past everyday and appreciate it, stop and take the photo you have been thinking about, and enjoy life because the memories you create today are the ones you will remember tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment